Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Purge

Don't fret...I wasn't puking my guts out due to over-indulgence on New Year's Eve (although, I was really tired and pissed off that I had to go to work--even if it wasn't until 3 pm). Nope...I finally went through all of my clothes and am getting rid of everything that I don't wear anymore. And a few things that I probably would wear but really shouldn't. You know...those t-shirts with the silly sayings. Most of them I have no problem getting rid of because they are from so long ago that they are short, almost midriff-baring shirts as opposed the shirts of today that are so long that they can cover your butt if you want them too. But there is one that I still really like because it's green and long, however, it has a big lemon on it and and reads "Squeeze Me" which just doesn't really belong on a (gack) 30 year old woman. Sigh. I did keep a denim mini skirt though...Clinton and Stacy may or may not approve. There is a sign on that show (TLC's What Not To Wear for those of you who don't have any idea who Clinton and Stacy are) that reads "No Mini Skirts after 35" so I think I'm safe...for a few years yet. I don't have an exact tally yet because I'm still washing a couple of items that were wrinkly and/or smelled weird from sitting in a drawer for a few years but here's an estimate:

20+ T-shirts
20+ pairs of pants (dress and casual)
15-20 tank tops
15+ long sleeved shirts and sweaters
12 pairs of shoes
7 purses
6 coats and jackets
4 pairs of jeans
3 belts
3 outfits for a 5 or 6 year old girl (stuff for my niece that never got returned)
2 pairs of gloves
2 sets of sheets
1 comforter
...and a partridge in a pear tree!

It's a lot of stuff...most of which is in really good shape. Several items still have tags...I used to have a minor shopping addiction. Used to. Riiight. I think I'm better at buying clothes that I'll actually wear...not necessarily clothes that I need though. And many of the pairs of shoes have only been one once or twice...or not at all. Goodwill is gonna love me. It feels so good to finally be rid of all of that crap. Or at least to have gotten it out of my closet/dresser. Now...let's hope that I actually get it all out of my house. I am a little annoyed at myself for not having done this before the end of 2008 so that I could use the deduction on my taxes for '08. Procrastination is vintage me...not unlike the pink t-shirt with the monkey butt on the back. Come you guys...you remember that shirt right? Kristy? Let me post a picture of it for you:

It's all coming back to you right? Ha! I frickin' loved that shirt!! Alas...it will give someone else joy now...probably a 13 year old. And she can also wear my tiny, tiny jeans with the zippered pockets. I can still squeeze into them since they are stretchy, but they give me uni-butt. Definition: Pants so tight on the butt that it looks like one big cheek instead of two distinct cheeks. Not that I would wear them anyway...not very chic...but they fit. Sort of. Whatever. I'm pooped...and hungry. I'm gonna go make dinner. Later.

1 comment:

TeamHowe said...

I am so proud... and inspired!